Multihog expands into sanitation market with new CV compact multi-purpose sweeper
DUNDALK, IRELAND, May 14th, 2019 – Multihog, the Irish multi-purpose tractor
manufacturer, will unveil its new CV compact sweeper at the demopark exhibition in Germany
this June. Entering the sanitation market is a new direction for the company, which has spent
many years at the forefront of multipurpose tractor manufacturing.
Research & Development
The new compact sweeper will open up new markets for Multihog, where its multipurpose capability and capacity to work 365 days per year will revolutionize the way municipalities, cities, towns and contractors maximize equipment budgets.
Multihog’s Managing Director, Jim McAdam, is excited about the new, state of the art creation:
“The CV has been in our R&D pipeline for around 3 years now, and it’s great to finally be able to bring it to market. We’re very familiar with municipal and contractor customers through our multi-purpose tractor business, and before we designed the CV, we listened to what their needs were. Now we can offer a multi-purpose sweeper capable of working 365 days each year, even in winter, to maximize their ever-tightening equipment budgets.”
- Dedicated compact sweeper with the option to change front brushes to other attachments (snow plough, mower, etc.)
- All-terrain vehicle, which can go off-road when necessary.
- Fitted with one of the cleanest engines on the market; stage V emissions make it very environmentally friendly.
- Designed with particular focus on the operator’s comfort and safety.
- All sweeper functions are controlled from a floating multifunctional armrest, which is ergonomic and moves with the operator.
- Each brush is independently controlled via miniature joysticks.
- A 3rd brush can be added if required.
- Operation is incredibly simple – switch from drive mode to sweep mode and back again at the push of just one button.
- Built-in heavy-duty cooling for working in hot climates.
- 200 litre (53 US gal) clean water tank for optimal dust suppression during operation.
Not everything is new, and the best of Multihog’s DNA has been designed into the CV. A spacious, panoramic cabin with air-conditioning and full independent spring and damper suspension on each wheel create a superbly comfortable working environment for the operator. It converts easily from one application to another (i.e. from sweeping to winter maintenance) and different tyre options are available to suit customers’ various tasks. Access for service and maintenance is excellent, and it’s available in two models, with a gross vehicle weight of either 3500 or 4000 kg (7716 or 8818 lb).
According to Jim, safety was a driving feature for Multihog’s innovation team during development, “Our tractors are renowned for their safety, and this one is no different. We are strict in designing our vehicles to conform to full European type approval, which is one of the highest safety standards in the world when it comes to vehicle manufacturing.”